1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Europe: Olympus 75/1.8 at 530 euros new

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Klorenzo, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
  2. daffy

daffy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2015
    General rule on Amazon.*: If it says "contact me before buying" - ignore the seller. (As I am writing this, the sellers at EUR 377 and EUR 599.40 ... stink)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I agree but I'm quite sure this was not the case when I've seen the offer on Amazon.it. I later looked up the same offer on Amazon.de too to check the seller feedback there and I found about 1100 positive feedbacks (not the case now, as there are only 7 feedbacks, maybe I mixed up something). And I didn't run a google translate on the page here. Sorry for the wrong post, it may be useful as a warning for others.

I'm always very suspicious about these "write me before" at the same time I wonder why amazon admit these if they are really dangerous (it's very easy to check for these automatically).

4. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    If you contact them they send you a very official looking Amazon-like page but not from Amazon, asking you to buy an Amazon gift card and send them them what amounts to the claim information, to pay for the lens.
    Then probably you will never hear from them again...
    Basically they skirt Amazon using Amazon facilities and spoofed Amazon web pages to get your money outside of Amazon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Yeah, definitely a fraud. I did try one of these (didn't require to contact seller) and after 5-6 days I got an email from the REAL account owner saying their account was hacked and they weren't selling m4/3 gear at all etc. Luckily Amazon managed this well and never even charged my credit card.

EDIT: The seller had +300 positive feedbacks and the latest were from the previous week. Everything looked good. Especially the prices - in fact too good which was the first warning sign.

It seems this is a trend now in Germany (amazon.de). They hijack accounts, add fake items, change the billing information and try to get people's money and the hijacked account owner gets the blame.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1