[EXPIRED] (EU): Jupiter-3 Zeiss optics, Digital Zuiko ED 50/2, MMF1 43=>m43 adapter

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by API75, May 17, 2011.

1. API75

API75 Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Feb 11, 2010
    I tried a LOT of 40-50mm lenses. I started to sell one after another as I experienced that I was not using one lens for a given reason, and I ended with 3 lenses: Jupiter-3 50/1.5 with Zeiss optics (almost sure about this, see description), Zuiko ED 50/2, Zuiko PEN F 40/1.4. Finally, I decided to keep the PEN F 40/1.4 (and a minute after I caused a dent on it :'(), and, thus, next week I'm going to sell on eBay the other two lenses. Before this, I would like to know if someone of this site is interested (EU only due to shipping difficulties). For references, my feedback on eBay is 100% (nickname: antonioececilia).

Olympus Digital Zuiko ED 50/2 BOXED €390 + shipping depending on destination
    This lens is as new, seldom used (I don't know why, really; I think I just enjoy more using the PEN F 40/1.4). Original accessories (hood, pouch, caps) included. Bought August 4th, 2009; I'll send the ticket in the lens box. More photos on request.
    PICTURES: https://picasaweb.google.com/antoni...authkey=Gv1sRgCM2YsMiWga3JngE&feat=directlink

Olympus Digital MMF1 100€ + shipping depending on destination
    This is the adapter which allows one to use 4/3 lenses (as the Zuiko ED 50) on m4/3 bodies. Sold as new. More photos on request.
    IMPORTANT 1: I'll sell the adapter only after selling the Zuiko ED 50!!
    IMPORTANT 2: If you buy Zuiko ED 50 and MMF1, I'll combine the shipping but I don't want to reduce the prices (I think that they are already slightly less than their current evaluation).

Jupiter3+caps+hood+case €170 + shipping depending on destination
    This is the Russian copy of the Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5. After the war, the Russians took the Zeiss glasses to the KMZ factory, and the first bunch of the Jupiter-3 was fit with the original Zeiss glass. As Zeiss glasses terminate, they transferred the production to ZOMZ factories. I had to look for a KMZ Jupiter-3 for a very long time, since the ones you always find on eBay and in other places are the ZOMZ J-3s (the symbol on the lens is different, see for example Lens Jupiter-3 1.5/50 M39 FED,Zorki,Leica. s/n 6310032. | eBay). I'm pretty sure that this is a Zeiss J-3 because I had the opportunity to compare it with one of the earliest KMZ J-3, assembled in 1951 (my copy is from 1956, as indicated by the serial number): I tested the two lenses with different subjects, light conditions, wide open, stopped down and so on, and it was not possible to see differences. I also tested it against a later ZOMZ one, and they were comparable only stopped down.
    I include also original front cap and hood (very nice), a Russian (but not KMZ) rear cap and a bakelite case. Conditions: optics is very good (no fungus, scratches or whatever), mechanics is very good (everything is smooth), cosmetics are very good (see photos). The lens is really small and gorgeous with the camera.
    More photos on request.

Should you be interested, my very personal evaluations of the lenses I owned so far are as follows:

Olympus Zuiko ED 50/2 9.5 With AF but for me size and esthetic doesn't match the camera
    Voigtlander 50/1.5 9.5 Minimum focus distance too large for me, slightly too big for the camera
    Olympus G.Zuiko PEN F 40/1.4 9 I love it
    Jupiter-3 9 See the description above
    Leica Summicron-C 40/2 8.5 Gorgeous on the camera, but minimum focus distance too large
    Olympus Zuiko OM 50/1.4 8.5 The first lens of the bunch I bought, and I could have stopped my search there…
    INDUSTAR-50 50/3.5 7.5 Contrasty and sharp but slow (tessar)
    Olympus Zuiko PEN F 38/1.8 7 Personally, I did not like it as the faster one even stopped down
    Olympus Zuiko OM 50/1.8 7 Personally, I did not like it as the faster one even stopped down
    Pentax Auto 110 50/2.8 7 Nice but no aperture ring and not so fast
    Jupiter-8 5 My copy (black) was really bad until f/4!
    INDUSTAR-26 50/2.8 4 Avoid even at 0.05€