Ethiopia with my E-PL1 - statistics and info

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alf, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Hi everyone.

It took some time to review all my pics and decide which to process, but selection is complete - the survival rate is about 30%, that is 814 pics out of 2724.

Most of the PP work is also done, so I uploaded to Picasa the whole uncommented bunch so the friends who were there with me could see them - and you can, too: so just head to Ethiopia it you are interested. Some lens attribution is wrong... I know.

I am going to put a selection online together with my notes telling the story behind the pics - I thing I'll just use a blog as it seems easy enough to embed the pics which are already in Picasa. If you have any suggestions about different sites or methods, let me know.

I have a few keepers, and I think those will go in the Book, probably by Blurb - again, suggestions are welcome as it's going to be the first time I try this.

An long last, I'll have a try printing.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Your pictures came out really good. This is probably the first time I have seen the speed everyone is talking about in 20mm f1.7. I have e-pl1 with 14-42mm. Even though some of the tags are not correct, I can see which photos were taken with the 20mm looking at shutter speed. There is no way the kit lens can take those kind of shutter speeds in low light.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    great photos Alf,
    i really enjoyed looking through that set, it is inspiring me to travel there. looks like a beautiful place with wonderful people and culture.

did you just take the kit lens and the pana 20 for this trip?

Thanks for sharing :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    While most of the pics are from the M.Zuiko 14-42 and the Lumix 20, I carried with me a bagful of legacy lenses :smile:

I used a lot the Konica AR Hexanon 40/1.8 pre-focused for drive-by shooting, and the (Hexanon too) 50/1.4 for some portraits and artwork shooting in churches together withe the 20/1.7.

I also had an ancient Magnon 35-200 used with wildlife and the lovely FeiHua C-Mount 25/1.4 to play with.