1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ethiopia with my E-PL1 - statistics and info

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alf, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Hi everyone.

EPL13523.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

EPL14423-Edit.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It took some time to review all my pics and decide which to process, but selection is complete - the survival rate is about 30%, that is 814 pics out of 2724.

Most of the PP work is also done, so I uploaded to Picasa the whole uncommented bunch so the friends who were there with me could see them - and you can, too: so just head to Ethiopia it you are interested. Some lens attribution is wrong... I know.

I am going to put a selection online together with my notes telling the story behind the pics - I thing I'll just use a blog as it seems easy enough to embed the pics which are already in Picasa. If you have any suggestions about different sites or methods, let me know.

I have a few keepers, and I think those will go in the Book, probably by Blurb - again, suggestions are welcome as it's going to be the first time I try this.

An long last, I'll have a try printing.

• Like Like x 5
  2. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Your pictures came out really good. This is probably the first time I have seen the speed everyone is talking about in 20mm f1.7. I have e-pl1 with 14-42mm. Even though some of the tags are not correct, I can see which photos were taken with the 20mm looking at shutter speed. There is no way the kit lens can take those kind of shutter speeds in low light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    great photos Alf,
    i really enjoyed looking through that set, it is inspiring me to travel there. looks like a beautiful place with wonderful people and culture.

did you just take the kit lens and the pana 20 for this trip?

Thanks for sharing :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    While most of the pics are from the M.Zuiko 14-42 and the Lumix 20, I carried with me a bagful of legacy lenses :smile:

I used a lot the Konica AR Hexanon 40/1.8 pre-focused for drive-by shooting, and the (Hexanon too) 50/1.4 for some portraits and artwork shooting in churches together withe the 20/1.7.

I also had an ancient Magnon 35-200 used with wildlife and the lovely FeiHua C-Mount 25/1.4 to play with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.