1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Essay: Deconstructing an Image

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Pelao, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    • Like Like x 8
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    good stuff , thanks

3. grandpagord

grandpagord New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2010
    Victoria, B.C. Canada
    Just read this article yesterday. -Great Stuff. Thanks to Pelao for mentioning it for all

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for this Pelao. I was just thinking about this today after I took a number of photographs. What is it about? What was I after... This piece along with a post Don AKA Streetshooter made recently about looking at one's own photographs and how important it is as a tool for learning both compliment each other.

Again, thanks very much for the link.

P.S. The comments by Don that I was referring to are in this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1036.

5. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi BBW

I have been following the thread you mention. It's one of those threads that you can keep going back to for great ideas, the sort of discussion that I find incredibly useful. Discussions about about gear and software always interest me, but I crave discussions around specific images and techniques. I always learn something, or re-learn something that had faded. I value anything that gives a fresh perspective.

I enjoy these essays from Michael Reichmann because they are very much about the reality of making an image.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I've got his site bookmarked and will remember to check back in. And I couldn't agree with you more regarding "those threads" you're talking about.

7. jhob

jhob Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks for sharing that, a very interesting read. I am much more interested in talking about the image making process, than gear, although I do enjoy talking about that too I find the discussion becomes old and repetitive very quickly. The photographic process is where it's really at for me.

I have added luminous landscape to my RSS now, I've seen the odd article before. It's a good read.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.