Essay: Deconstructing an Image

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thank you for this Pelao. I was just thinking about this today after I took a number of photographs. What is it about? What was I after... This piece along with a post Don AKA Streetshooter made recently about looking at one's own photographs and how important it is as a tool for learning both compliment each other.

Again, thanks very much for the link.

P.S. The comments by Don that I was referring to are in this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1036.

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi BBW

I have been following the thread you mention. It's one of those threads that you can keep going back to for great ideas, the sort of discussion that I find incredibly useful. Discussions about about gear and software always interest me, but I crave discussions around specific images and techniques. I always learn something, or re-learn something that had faded. I value anything that gives a fresh perspective.

I enjoy these essays from Michael Reichmann because they are very much about the reality of making an image.

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for sharing that, a very interesting read. I am much more interested in talking about the image making process, than gear, although I do enjoy talking about that too I find the discussion becomes old and repetitive very quickly. The photographic process is where it's really at for me.

I have added luminous landscape to my RSS now, I've seen the odd article before. It's a good read.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom