Error message with adapter and lens

ddb

Mu-43 Regular
I live in a little town of 600 people in the beaut
Just got a beautiful Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-X QD 135mm f3.5 and a Minolta MD MC to m4/3 adapter. Every time that I attach this combo to the G1 I get a message on the LCD saying "please check that the lens is attached correctly"
Any ideas on why this is happening?

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
By default, Panasonic models "protect" the user from failing to get proper pictures due to an improperly mounted lens. Its a nice feature, but prevents using lenses that don't have electronic coupling.

To use adapted lenses, other than 4/3rds lenses, you must dig into the Setup menu to find the option "Shoot without lens". Change this setting from the default "no" to "yes". The camera will now shoot fine with any lens.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
You're not alone ddb, this question has come up several times before, and no doubt will come up again, then it will be your turn to offer advice :smile:

Barrie

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom