Epson: Ultra, Premium, photo paper

Discussion in 'Printing' started by DaveyA, Apr 19, 2013.

1. DaveyA

DaveyA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    I was about to order some more Epson paper but stopped myself so that I could ask about the differences. I have been using Epson ultra glossy A4 and it's ok, I have been using Epson premium glossy 10x15 and it too seems ok. There is Epson glossy photo paper (not premium or ultra) for a good price on Amazon. What are peoples thoughts on the various papers. I have been using Epson premium glossy photo paper profile for all of my prints, including the ultra paper. Is this a mistake and should I download profiles for whatever paper I decide on or would the premium glossy cover all?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Paper Alternatives

I began using Red River papers several years ago. They are quite a bit less expensive than Epson (and many others) because you buy direct from Red River. http://www.redriverpaper.com/They have an excellent selection to chose from and a good range of sizes. They also have profiles posted for popular printers. (I use an Epson 1400 but I don't use Epson inks, so I have some minor color issues to deal with.) The outfit is a pleasure to deal with and they ship quickly.

Papers I particularly like are:

Gloss - Arctic Polar Gloss

Semi Gloss - UltraPro Satin

Matte - Fine Art White or San Gabriel Fiber

Note that the Fine Art White can be printed on both sides, which is very efficient for test prints.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.