1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPM2 - why little "details" matter...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisnmn, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    First of all!!! Merry Christmas for all of you guys!!! I hope all of you you are enjoying your days off, and hanging out with all your beloved ones!.

now...onto "look what santa brought me..." I got an EPM2 to go as my second body for my OMD!...first impressions were...oh wow this thing is tiny!. and this might become my street shooting option for sure!.

now! onto the headline of this post...

When i grabbed the EPM2, i wanted to replicate all the buttons and functions as identical to my OMD as possible, so when on the field i wouldnt need to think too much or change my shooting style... and heres the fun part...

When replicating all my setting from the OMD onto the Mini, i realized that, actually the menus although being 95% identical, there were some little differences, such as the order of how several options appear on the screen. (thats not a good UI design Olympus, at least match the same order within your menus) But long story short... i realized that when looking onto re assign the Rec button to act as the magnifying glass on my EPM2, noticed that you can actually convert it into a small one without having to use the magnifying glass like i do on the OMD! and leave it as the default focus point. that is friggin BRILLIANT!!!!. thanks for doing that Olympus.

but that left me wondering... how important all the little details are, that just by doing this little software update onto the camera system, i did not just get what i really needed from the camera, but also because of that little thing, i actually "earned" another physical button on the camera (Rec button) to do something else!!!. now thats big and important.

If they did this little update to the Pen Mini (which we all know is definitely oriented towards the "newbie" joining the system, or more user friendly, party camera user, rather than a "second body" for a serious body option (you know what i mean right?)), where probably you dont need that little focus point... all the OMD current glitches and fixes could be done with only a firmware update and actually transform the OMD into an even more serious-pro camera. right?.

i thought i would just share that...

• Like Like x 1