1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Epm2 body $177 @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drd1135, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

Up to $215 now.

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Did anybody nab one?

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was tempted, but I think the E-PM2+14-42 lens $199 sale was a better deal. I recently had my E-PM2 serviced and adjusted by Olympus (Precision Camera Repair) and it's been rock solid. Though I notice with the lower end Pens, many of these cameras need to be sent to repair after buying one. QC has been mediocre on the Pens since the E-PM1. I remember the E-PL1/2 never had such problems. After getting it fixed though, my dial isn't fiddly, my IBIS actually works and the shutter isn't jumpy!

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The E-PM2 is attractive because even thought it lacks physical controls and the IBIS/Shutter shock is only so good, you still get good AF, a good JPEG engine, and a really good sensor. It's a great back up camera because it make be a little harder to use but you can still get very high quality images.

5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like that Olympus uses the same sensor throughout the line. Shooting with my E-M10 and E-PM2, I can hardly distinguish the files especially after post processing. I can see myself getting an E-PL7 once those bodies start dropping in price as well, just so I can use my VF-4. :wink:

6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The E-PL7 also has the three-axis IBIS which is reported to be much better than the older 2 axis version. I grabbed one of those $99 VF4 and it does make the PM2 much nicer to use.

7. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm in no rush. These M43 equipment fire sales has taught me to wait. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Living one or two generations behind is a comfy and thrifty place to be.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    It is indeed. :thumbup:

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Of course, thrifty can mean the same $$$ and more cameras. LIke that Coolpix A I bought this morning for $359. :redface:

11. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Got my E-PM2 since the day it was released, paid full price. Years later and over 10k pictures and timelapsing, it still works and looks like new. Now that E-M10 has become my primary body (again got it since release, paid full price, lol), E-PM2 is a perfect second body sharing same battery. The output between E-PM2 and E-M10 is absolutely identical. However, I mostly use E-M10 in low light due to superb IBIS. Also, I'm finding video is much better on E-M10.
    I plan to keep both bodies for a long time. I have no need for more IQ. What I need is much faster AF, it's frustrating to shoot any action with E-M10 and C-AF in video need major improvement. I am not even talking about sports but dogs running, kids playing, etc. I heard that phase detect C-AF in video works great with Sony SLT and Nikon 1 systems. Hopefully, Olympus will solve this issue for both stills and video.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    My used one is worth more to me than they sell for new, so I guess it will remain my backup body for a while. It's a great bargain for its IQ.

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep, that's how I feel about my GX7 remaining my primary camera given the holiday price-slashing. Cheaper to keep her...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

Picked one up during this sale to use as a back-up to my EM5. So far I am liking it paired with my 17mm f/2.8 or my PL 25mm f/1.5. Small, light, good IQ, pretty well balanced with the 17 pancake. A bit unbalanced with the 25 but manageable. Best <$200 I've spent in awhile.

15. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
  16. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Amazon has the E-PM2 labeled as "Old Model" because it is discontinued.

17. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Ah, thanks. I need to pick one up. Mine was just stolen and I don't think a replacement is on the horizon. Well, the PL7 is the replacement IMO. PL7 too pricey new though and I missed the new PM2 deals. Maybe I'll need a PM2 used...maybe the same one that was stolen! lol