1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Epm1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by LegacyLens, Jun 9, 2012.

1. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    Can i use ep3 grips and other accessories on an epm1?

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    All the accessories EXCEPT the grips. The grips for the E-P3 use a screw-in modular system which is as yet unique to the E-P3 but may be included in some future models.

That said, the E-P3 grips (large or small) CAN be glued onto the E-PM1 without the using the screw. I've seen it done.

However, there are many other third party grip options for the E-PM1, such as Richard Franiec and Flipbac. I use 3M SafetyWalk tape, myself.

g_zuiko_50mm_1,4_web.

All other accessories such as Electronic Viewfinder, 3.5mm stereo mic jack, bluetooth device, macro arm light, etc. are all compatible with all PEN models which have the current Accessory Port, except the FL-M1 and FL-M2 flash units that came with the E-PM1/E-PL3 (M1) and the E-M5 (M2). Those were made for PEN/OM-D cameras which don't have a built-in flash. Any external flash built for the Four-Thirds standard (which includes both Four-Thirds and Micro Four-Thirds) is 100% compatible with any PEN or OM-D camera. The Bluetooth device (PenPal) requires the Accessory Port 2, but all other accessories work with any PEN or OM-D with accessory port, which includes every single one but the original E-P1. Underwater housings fit only the model they were made for. That covers all the accessories I can think of for the E-P3, besides cross-compatible accessories for all brands such as brackets, tripods, and straps.

• Like Like x 1