1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPM1 pixel issue...or maybe lightroom?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by yamark, Jun 21, 2012.

1. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    1 month old EPM1

I took some shots today and imported them using lightroom. In the highlighted areas big red pixel blotches appeared and in the darker areas, small blue pixels appeared. I did the olympus pixel mapping and took some test shots, same thing happened.

I called Olympus and they asked me to send it in. So I run to the post office, go by another camera, and come home. I started my computer and lightroom and the weird reds and blues are completely gone from the photos.

Did my computer do something or did lightroom do something?

I'm so confused and without my EPM1.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Lightroom has the ability to show clipping indicators, which sort of sound like what you were seeing. Generally you can see the clipping (which turns overexposed areas red and underexposed areas blue) by mousing over the little triangular clipping indicators on the histogram. You can also see them by typing "J" on your keyboard. Does this look like what you were seeing?

• Like Like x 2
  3. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    Yup, you got it. It was showing clipping indicators. Excuse me while I smack myself across the face. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service while they had me shoot test images and such. The guy said it was pretty indicative of a blown sensor. DAMN IT.