epm1 issues...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Adobres, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Adobres

Adobres Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    hi there. im not sure if i have been fiddling with too many settings and have lost track but lately i've noticed when i zoom in there is a lot of noise and its not very sharp, anrd this even happens at iso 200 at f3.5 on my kit 14-42 lens. i dont remember this ever happening before. any ideas? could it be something to do with the settings for:

ibis or noise filter or noise reduction? feel like everything has lost its definition and sharpness. can shooting in raw+jpeg do this as i have started doing this.

annoying!

are there optimal settings ideas for the epm1?
    many thanks
    adam

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    You can try a factory reset (theres a menu option in there somewhere) - it should reset all the settings to default.

If you have access to another lens try that and see if the noises persist. Do the sounds come from the camera or the lens?

Blurry pictures would seem to indicate a knackered lens assuming the issue persists after a camera-reset. I'm also assuming its locked focus on something and the pictures still come out blurry ?

My E-PM1 makes a definite ka-chunk sound when I switch it on (presumably the sensor cleaning) but after that its pretty quiet.

3. Adobres

Adobres Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    oh sorry by noise i didnt mean the audible type :) just the visual noise :)

4. Adobres

Adobres Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    like when i zoom in on the computer its not that detailed? and noisy?

5. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Can you share with us some of the photos which you find noisy, and the settings for those photos? That might help us evaluate what the issue is...

6. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Maybe you left the Digital Teleconverter turned on? My first night I fiddled around with my E-pl3 menu and forgot about it. Didn't realize until the next day and after having shot some 300 images at a Chinese New Year fair that all came out sort of soft and pixelated.

7. Adobres

Adobres Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    well just did a factory reset. i think whats happening, as my eye gets better at photography, i'm getting pickier and things start standing out more. i think everytying is just fine, just need a better lens. so saving for the panny 25mm 1.4 and a 14mm lens the 14-42 kit lens is pretty good but you know how it goes ;)

thanks for the help