1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EPM1 - Date/Time - Grrrrr!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rapid, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Been hit with this defect where my EPM1 isn't keeping the date/time..

From my searches it looks like its a known issue and will require me to send the camera off..

I've asked Olympus if I will get the same camera back as I've put a screen protector and grip on.

Grrr!!

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Sorry to hear that!

How long are you keeping the battery outside of the body? Overnight charge?

3. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah overnight.. really need it to keep its charge though as I plan on taking this camera travelling..

I might try taking it out leaving for a few mins then putting back in, even if this works I will still go with getting it sorted..

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Oh, if it takes an overnight charge to lose the time/date then you don't have a real problem! I wouldn't send that camera in (yes, it should technically be able to last a few days, but...). I would just shell out the $60 OEM or $35 for a third-party BLS-1 battery. You should always have at least two batteries for each camera, one spare and one to mounted.

I thought you were having the problem that myself and some others have, with the camera losing the date/time as soon as you remove the battery. Then even if you pull it out to swap batteries it'll reset itself. Now that's a PITA... I have one E-PM1 that does that but even though I have two other PENs in working order (including one other Mini), I still haven't bothered to send mine in yet. I just don't like being without any of my cameras... :redface:

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    That would be handy. In the meantime, until you send it in you might just get a cheap BLS-1 clone to keep in the camera when your main battery is charging. They're $5 on eBay, and with the Pens, you can never have too many batteries!

DH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.