EPM1 - Date/Time - Grrrrr!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rapid, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Been hit with this defect where my EPM1 isn't keeping the date/time..

From my searches it looks like its a known issue and will require me to send the camera off..

I've asked Olympus if I will get the same camera back as I've put a screen protector and grip on.

Grrr!!

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Sorry to hear that!

How long are you keeping the battery outside of the body? Overnight charge?

3. rapid

rapid Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah overnight.. really need it to keep its charge though as I plan on taking this camera travelling..

I might try taking it out leaving for a few mins then putting back in, even if this works I will still go with getting it sorted..

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Oh, if it takes an overnight charge to lose the time/date then you don't have a real problem! I wouldn't send that camera in (yes, it should technically be able to last a few days, but...). I would just shell out the $60 OEM or $35 for a third-party BLS-1 battery. You should always have at least two batteries for each camera, one spare and one to mounted.

I thought you were having the problem that myself and some others have, with the camera losing the date/time as soon as you remove the battery. Then even if you pull it out to swap batteries it'll reset itself. Now that's a PITA... I have one E-PM1 that does that but even though I have two other PENs in working order (including one other Mini), I still haven't bothered to send mine in yet. I just don't like being without any of my cameras... :redface:

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    That would be handy. In the meantime, until you send it in you might just get a cheap BLS-1 clone to keep in the camera when your main battery is charging. They're $5 on eBay, and with the Pens, you can never have too many batteries!

DH