1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

epm1 continous shooting possible?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by travelbug, Feb 25, 2016.

1. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    is it possible to do auto continuous shooting (say 8 shots) in the epm1 , preferably with a start delay? if so, which settings should i change?

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
  3. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    I plan on upgrading sometime soon so I don't think I want to get an intervalometer since I believe that feature is built in to the mark 2 omds.
    Just wish I could do it on my epm 1 at the moment for some image stacking

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    The following differs from ordinary burst mode in that you can define the time between shots.

1) Go to your Custom E menu and program the last entry, which is Anti-Shock. For this purpose, you could select 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 seconds.

2) Using with the SCP or the camera 2 menu, put the EPM1 shutter into burst mode with anti-shock enabled. The icon is an "H" with a diamond in front.

Now when you hold down the shutter button, the camera will wait for the programmed delay and fire continually using that delay for as long as you hold down the button. This can be used to do limited range time lapse photography by using a rubber band and a spacer to hold the shutter button, or a remote shutter control on all older PEN's except the EPL1. Of course, if you pay $10 for the remote shutter, a programmable remote is only $10 more.