1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

epm1 configuration

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by aussieg, Oct 8, 2012.

1. aussieg

aussieg Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I use the "red button" for MF/AF shift. I never shoot videos so now it's useful. Neat article. I use it when the E-Pm1 insists on focussing on a fence or something in front of my subject. I gave my new E-Pm1 a 1700 shot break-in month and I really liked it.

3. aussieg

aussieg Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the confirmation

The video button is not going to be used by me for video and its in a hamndy position

4. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    Hey aussieg, I'm glad you're enjoying the E-PM1.

I use the video button for manual focus assist. I very seldom used video, too.

5. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Enabling the SCP is definitely a good idea. It makes changing shooting settings on the EPM1 a lot faster.

I had not seen that trick for using the arrow buttons for review, but since that's how all my other cameras work, it's a good idea. I guess they fixed this on on the EPM2.

Yes, I have to have a dedicated magnify button to focus a legacy lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.