1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EPM1 cannot delete photos

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by exProphecy, Jun 2, 2012.

1. exProphecy

exProphecy New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2012
    Hey guise, new to the forum and quite new to my nifty purple EPM1 ^_^
    I'm having a bit of a problem though. It seems like I am unable to delete photos which have been manually rotated on the SD card through desktop PC.. I took a photo facing the left side but I rotated it to face up to the right. Now when I try to delete the photo on the camera itself, it gets stuck on "Busy" for the longest time and the only thing I can do is pull the battery. The photo is not deleted. It seems that the photos which I haven't rotated thru my computer are still deletable but just not the rotated ones.. I am able to plug my SD card into my computer and delete them that way but it's such a hassle. Has anyone run into this issue before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I was thinking I should backup all my photos and format the card then put the photos back on. I feel like it wouldn't do much though >_< It's worth a shot though but I just wanted to ask for anyone's expertise regarding this bug :smile:

2. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    You should never alter in any way images or video files on the card while the card is in the computer. Copy them from the card to the computer's hard drive or to an external hard drive then do what you want with them.

Do not delete using the computer, and it's not a good idea to regularly delete files in the camera either. When files have been copied to a computer, the card should be formatted IN CAMERA for use on the next project.

Making any changes to files on the card in the computer can result in the card not being readable by the camera. It's not a given but why create possible problems for yourself.

3. exProphecy

exProphecy New to Mu-43

Jun 2, 2012
    Oh.... I never knew it would be a problem to do so >_< My problem is that when I rotate the photos in the EPM1, the file itself doesn't actually rotate. Therefore, I need to rotate them manually. I never though rotating them on the card then putting it back in the camera would be a problem oops! Thank you for the information ^_^