EPL6 vs EPL5

Bravin Neff

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bravin Neff
I know the EPL6 has only been announced for Japan, but assuming its soon available elsewhere, I'm stumped about its major benefit over the EPL5. Can someone summarize, maybe in a 2 sentences, what the EPL6 advantage is?

Taki

Mu-43 Rookie
Here's the Olympus Japan FAQ page explaining the differences between E-PL5 & E-PL6.
Google Translate

In Japan you can get a free VF-3, a matching colored body-cap lens, or a Flash Air card if you buy E-PL6 :eek:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
None for taking pictures. It's really a E-PL5 with wi-fi.

This differs from what I've read. The differences that stood out to me are: faster max shutter speed (1/8000 second), lower min ISO (100) and it works with the eye sensor of the new VF-4. I don't believe it has WiFi.

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Mu-43 mobile app

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Max shutter speed is 1/4000.

I stand corrected.

Here is the official product page if you want more details on the E-PL6.

One interesting feature is the "Short Release Time Lag Mode" which reduces shutter lag. What's interesting is that one can turn this feature on or off. This suggests that there is some downside to using it, since I can't imagine anyone wanting to dial in more shutter lag. I wonder what the trade-off is. Any ideas?

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
I stand corrected.

Here is the official product page if you want more details on the E-PL6.

One interesting feature is the "Short Release Time Lag Mode" which reduces shutter lag. What's interesting is that one can turn this feature on or off. This suggests that there is some downside to using it, since I can't imagine anyone wanting to dial in more shutter lag. I wonder what the trade-off is. Any ideas?

IIRC it substantially reduces battery life.

Latest threads

Top Bottom