EPL5 wish list please...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I know ..we are still waiting for Olympus OMD but thats not a PEN . Now PEN line is due for a uplift soon and I was wondering what will be ur wish list for EPL5.
    Mine is
    1) The same sensor as in OMD
    2) Swivel screen/ Tilt
    3)SAME BODY AS EPL2
    4) Faster frame rate and 3D tracking from OMD
    5)Built in flash or EVF please
    Please share urs
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. Bhupinder2002

Anyone with more suggestions??
    Cheers

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I'd say just give it the EM5 sensor and give it the EM5 OLED touch screen. Other than that, you could leave it alone. The EM5 ibis would be nice, but probably not possible in such a small body.

I doubt I'll buy a second m43 body as long as Fuji comes out with a couple of the lenses on their roadmap, but if I was going to, those are the two features that would sell me on a second, smaller m43 body.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Actually you said it all for me, agree with most of your points. Number 4 (faster frame rate) is no big deal for me and if I had to choose between built in flash or EVF I would definitely opt for the second, your other points are exactly the same as mine, including the E-PL2 form factor... Making it a little bigger would also make the inclusion of EVF and / or flash easier of course... And I do like the grip on E-PL2 a lot as well...

5. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Also would be interesting to see estimated cost with the wish list

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I'd like to see the EPL2 form factor with its larger screen (E-PL3's 16:9 too small!), E-M5 sensor, touch screen, and:

1. if in-body (high quality, min VF-3) EVF, can forgo tilt/swivel screen (to keep cost down)
    2. if in-body flash (and no EVF), tilt/swivel screen (for when I don't use my VF-3)

I'd much prefer an EVF, even if it makes the camera a little larger. :) My E-PM1 with VF-3 and Flipbac G4 is not that much smaller than the E-M5.

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    For me, the biggest turnoff for the epl3 was no real grip. Ergonomically, the epl2 is superior to the epl3. I'd like a similar body, flip screen, and 2 control dials.

8. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes! I forgot to include the dials on my list!

Sent from my phone, pardon my brevity.

9. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    How bout ISO 100? The only thing that makes me keep my EPL-1 is the ability to shoot at ISO 100. Even the mighty OM-D can not beat my EPL-1 noise in low ISO. :biggrin: Also bring back the EPL-1 built in tilted flash.

10. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Here's my list:
    1. 16MP E-M5 sensor
    2. orientation sensor
    3. same battery as E-M5
    4. IS system from E-P3 or E-M5
    5. optional grip landscape grip
    6. small AF box that 'sticks'

Realistically, I only expect the first one to be covered. I am really sick of the lack of orientation sensor on the E-PM1. It's such a simple thing and wastes a surprising amount of time. It would also be very nice if the E-M5 and Pens shared batteries. Two sets of batteries and chargers as I have right now is no fun...

DH

11. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yeah, I'd really like a small AF box that "sticks" too! Not only would it be great not to have to press a button to get a small AF box, but it would also free up an Fn button for something else. :smile: Hadn't thought about the battery, but yes, prolly good to move all cams to the E-M5 battery, even though it's more expensive, not as easily cloned, and the clones require their own charger.

12. Bhupinder2002

Hi Ray
    I think Oly have granted our wish..
    Cheers

13. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I didn't realize they'd added an OLED screen to the E-PL5 too?

14. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I wish that the E-PL5 were in my bag right now