EPL5 'no longer available'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Spuff, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I had a pre-order (made on 8 October) with Amazon UK for an EPL5.
    I got an email today:

'We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:
    "Olympus Pen E-PL5 Compact System Camera - Black (16.1 MP, M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD"
    Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available'

Did the ship sink?

2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    WTH? Is something going on?

3. Kees

Kees Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Kees Dignum
    They probably just didn't produce enough to cover all pre-orders, and didn't give Amazon a date for the next batch.... :rolleyes:

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Amazon had closed the pre-order option several days ago, so I would have thought they had a promise of a certain number.
    I see they have removed the EPL5 from their listings altogether.

On the plus side my order of Oyster Sauce from Amazon has been dispatched.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I love oyster sauce! What are you planning to cook with it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Same thing happened with my US preorder of the 15 f/8. No idea why the removed it, they just sent me that email and took it off their site. I ordered from Adorama instead, so no worries for me.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Patience, Grasshopper - they will be available in due time . . . :biggrin:

8. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I always have some Oyster Sauce. I use it for two different stir fries. I used to be able to get the one I like the best - Lee Kum Kee where I live, but the places that did sell it don't now.

9. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    The first E-PL5 were available in shops today here in Germany - but very rarely. One shop had 2 cameras, another big shop in another city like 4 ... that's it. Still no date from Amazon here yet. Guess they've some delay with the EU and US Models. I've ordered mine a few days from DigitalRev in Hongkong - should arrive on monday. They have many in stock, but for US people it might be more expensive.

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I'll say, digitalrevs price is $160 more than my local brick and mortar here in Canada. I'd rather go without than support those price gougers.

11. ttttt

ttttt Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2012
    I just got the 15mm body cap lens today, It's a cool and unusual item, unfortunately it's a dark cloudy day to try it out. I purchased it locally here in Cleveland, Ohio USA for $59.00

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Digital Rev has to charge those prices to pay for their awesome videos and Kai's salary!
    :biggrin:

Both of those items are listed on Amazon USA.

13. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    Depends much on where you live then. It seems like you've in general cheaper prices in the US/Canada than we have. Here in Germany it costs 699€ (910US$) in local stores and I've paid 665€ at DigitalRev with taxes and shipping fees included.

• Like Like x 1