EPL5 'no longer available'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Spuff, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I had a pre-order (made on 8 October) with Amazon UK for an EPL5.
    I got an email today:

'We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:
    "Olympus Pen E-PL5 Compact System Camera - Black (16.1 MP, M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD"
    Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available'

Did the ship sink?

2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    WTH? Is something going on?

3. Kees

Kees Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Kees Dignum
    They probably just didn't produce enough to cover all pre-orders, and didn't give Amazon a date for the next batch.... :rolleyes: 

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Amazon had closed the pre-order option several days ago, so I would have thought they had a promise of a certain number.
    I see they have removed the EPL5 from their listings altogether.

On the plus side my order of Oyster Sauce from Amazon has been dispatched.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I love oyster sauce! What are you planning to cook with it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Same thing happened with my US preorder of the 15 f/8. No idea why the removed it, they just sent me that email and took it off their site. I ordered from Adorama instead, so no worries for me.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Patience, Grasshopper - they will be available in due time . . . :biggrin:

8. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I always have some Oyster Sauce. I use it for two different stir fries. I used to be able to get the one I like the best - Lee Kum Kee where I live, but the places that did sell it don't now.

9. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    The first E-PL5 were available in shops today here in Germany - but very rarely. One shop had 2 cameras, another big shop in another city like 4 ... that's it. Still no date from Amazon here yet. Guess they've some delay with the EU and US Models. I've ordered mine a few days from DigitalRev in Hongkong - should arrive on monday. They have many in stock, but for US people it might be more expensive.

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I'll say, digitalrevs price is $160 more than my local brick and mortar here in Canada. I'd rather go without than support those price gougers.

11. ttttt

ttttt Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2012
    I just got the 15mm body cap lens today, It's a cool and unusual item, unfortunately it's a dark cloudy day to try it out. I purchased it locally here in Cleveland, Ohio USA for $59.00

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Digital Rev has to charge those prices to pay for their awesome videos and Kai's salary!
    :biggrin:

Both of those items are listed on Amazon USA.

13. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    Depends much on where you live then. It seems like you've in general cheaper prices in the US/Canada than we have. Here in Germany it costs 699€ (910US$) in local stores and I've paid 665€ at DigitalRev with taxes and shipping fees included.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.