1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPL5… to EM5

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by BeeSharp, Apr 5, 2014.

1. BeeSharp

BeeSharp New to Mu-43

Apr 5, 2014
    Hi everyone,

Never been into photography and somehow haphazardly ended up buying an E-PL5 twin kit. Fell in love with the camera and its numerous functions. As a result I’ve been getting more and more into photography since purchasing this camera.

Stumbled upon this forum and have been visiting this forum for some months now for general advice on how to use my gear and advice on lens purchases but haven’t signed up until now. This forum is a treasure trove filled with excellent information and advice on m4/3. :2thumbs:

Probably GAS and the slight inconvenience with the need to menu dive whenever I need to change settings on the EPL5… so somehow have ended up purchasing a EM5 this week and loving the extra dials and retro look of the camera (though not the lighter wallet!)

Brendon.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Brendon.

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    The e-m5 is a great camera. Enjoy!

4. BeeSharp

BeeSharp New to Mu-43

Apr 5, 2014
    Thanks Kyle & Paul.

Definitely enjoying the EM5... though I must admit, I'll probably miss one of the functions the EPL5 has that I couldn't find on the EM5. The ability to take custom timed multi-shots with custom intervals. Works great for group shots when you want everyone in the frame.

• Like Like x 1
  5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Welcome and post some pics!

6. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I must have missed that function. How exactly do you do that?

sent from my Xperia Z

7. BeeSharp

BeeSharp New to Mu-43

Apr 5, 2014
    Will double check when I get to my camera but from memory its where you choose single or sequential shooting. There's two timed options and on the far right there an option with the letter "c" for custom. Pressing into will let you choose the number of shots. The interval is set in the menu somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. BeeSharp

BeeSharp New to Mu-43

Apr 5, 2014
    To change the Interval you need to go into the menu --> shooting menu 2 --> top option with sequential and timer icon --> last option you see is "C" with a clock icon. From there you can set the interval either 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 secs

To use the custom timer it's exactly as I've described in my earlier post.

Happy shooting!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    this is such a useful option (for group pictures), i had no idea i had it on my camera. And here i was, still waiting for my remote trigger.

One useful thing i did find was that you can quickly adjust the number of frames. Go into SCP, click/press the shooting mode submenu, and then press info for the number of shots to appear.

the time between the shots could be faster than half of second but this is great.