Epl3 questions

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by zorki1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    I picked up a refurb from Cameta and upon arrival the shutter fired as soon as you turned on the power button, I called them and they said to return for replacement. The replacement arrived and it does the same thing, fires when the power is turned on. Is this what it is supposed to do? The camera works fine otherwise, pics are great. The other thing is LCD screen , it has a very crappy image , washed out and not much contrast. The first camera was the same way. Its not as clean and crisp as a 179 dollar aim and shoot. I use the VF2 anyway , did the EPL3 just come with a crappy monitor?
  2. AZK9lover

AZK9lover Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2010
    AZ, USA
    My E-PL3 has also has a "shutter" sound when turning on, and I think that is normal (if I'm not mistaken, that's also the time that the dust reduction vibration mechanism activates, as well as when it shuts off, though the shutter sound doesn't activate when the camera shuts off). The LCD should not appear washed out, however. Have you tried going into the LCD monitor settings to see if adjusting the screen settings improves the contrast? I'm wondering if during the refurb process something may have been accidentally adjusted to reduce contrast?
  3. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    My E-PL3 does it as well. AFAIK, it's nothing to worry about :smile:
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Mine also has the shutter click on startup. It's annoying, but doesn't seem to be a problem.
  5. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks , that worry is over, I'll get in the monitor settings and see what I can do.