1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPL2 screen smear?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by goldjim, Jul 11, 2011.

1. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    I just noticed a very small circular cloudy type of smear on my LCD screen. I tried to clean it with a damp microfiber cloth to no avail. It's only noticeable when looking at the dark screen. Any ideas what it could be and how to get rid of it. It's not a scratch at least it doesn't look like one. Thanks.

2. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    what's the texture of it? is it smooth to the touch, or a tiniest bit sandy? contrary to what you might think it could be tiny scratches on your lcd screen. it happened to my itouch, and also cell phone screens after a while of rough usage in my pockets.

3. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    It's very smooth. I take very good care of the camera. I wonder if it could be a hot spot.

4. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Nobody has any ideas at all.

5. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I know these things aren't always easy to photograph, but if you could get a picture it would help a lot.....

6. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
  7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Still hard to say, but it looks very similar to a problem I had with my old iPhone 3G - ended up a new LCD was required for that. Maybe worth getting it checked out professionally unless it's just something that's annoying you but is easy enough to live with.....

8. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    What was the problem with the screen on your Iphone? Was it internal?

9. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Yup, I guess so - the guy just diagnosed the problem and replaced it while I waited, although I didn't go into the technicalities of it TBH.