1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPL2/SCP setting

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by goldjim, Feb 27, 2012.

1. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Hi,

Does anyone find the color output from their EPL2 a little too warm(brown)? I read that you can set the Amber setting in the SCP at a minus setting. Has anyone done this and what is a proper setting. I realize the setting may be sujective but just a ballpark setting is what I need, Thanks.

2. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Nobody has any recommendations?

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, you can change the default temperature for your photos or for your camera monitor however you like.

If you're shooting a lot in incandescent lighting, then you probably will get too much amber out of the E-PL2 as with almost every other camera... except the new generation PENs when you have "Keep Warm Colors" set to OFF.

I haven't noticed any problem in more balanced lighting, like outdoors for instance.

4. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    As Ned says, I find the standard auto WB to do very well in any kind of natural light, but less well indoors. Often changing to incandescent or fluorescent WB works well, or else I use the capture WB by taking a picture of a white piece of paper. I've never messed with the amber/green settings. It looks like those are configurable per WB setting though, so you could maybe tweak them for incandescent, for instance, to make that look nicer in the environment you typically shoot in, say, your house.