EPL2 or EP2 OR GF2?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by pj13, Jul 19, 2012.

1. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    I have an EPL1 w/ the 14-42 that I really love. My birthday is coming up and I think I might want a second body. One body I would use primarily for my Holga lens the other for everything else. I shoot street, landscape, and abstract fine art, as well as my seven year old son and family. I find the EPL1 good for almost all of that except with the more action type stuff that comes with photographing a kid. It is difficult for me to catch him in action and in focus. I'm sure I could be better at my job as photographer, but for not that's how it is.

I don't have a bunch to spend right now, at the high end I was looking at the EPL2 with the kit lens for $364 and the GF2 with the 14mm (that I already own) for $374. Seems to me the GF2 has a better LCD with touch, but the EPL2 has IBIS and since I use a Holga and the 14mm, I think the EPL2 would win here.

Another option is I found both EP2 and EPL2 bodies for $249. The question I have here is that other than a built in flash (which I rarely use) and the metal body of the EP2, what is the major difference between the two. It seems the EPL2 has a faster AF but is that due to newer 14-42ii lens or the body mechanics? If AF was equal should I someday get the 14-42ii, it seems to me perhaps the metal body of the EP2 might make it a better choice. But I don't really know since I have not handled either.

Final option is another EPL1 body for $150 and a Holga lens kit for $100 so I can have the fisheye and macro etc.. which would also be $250 total. I really enjoy the one Holga lens I have and think it would be awesome to have a dedicated digital Holga kit.

So any help from those who have experience with all three cameras would be great. I have only used the EPL1. I love the IQ and the overall experience, but I think a faster shutter speed and AF would be helpful.

Thanks much.

2. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    dhazeghi just posted on :43: bargins, and now a refurbished EPM1 for $300 is in the running. Argh! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Pick up EPM1 , its a wonderful camera actually .I just love it.
    Cheers

4. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    Thanks! Looking at it now, it does seem to have the most features for the money. :smile:

5. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    Just ordered the EPM1 refurbished. Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1