EPL2 on sale for 549 at canadian retailer

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by KS11, May 19, 2011.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    for all your canadian shoppers inclined to shop south of the border due to outrageous costs on mu43 gear. (400-500 canadian dollars for the 20mm 1.7 anyone? :mad:)

the olympus epl2 with kit lens is on sale for 540.00 at NCIX (canadian computer parts retailer mostly)

i buy from them mostly computer parts and stuff when i do builds.

didnt even know they sold cameras

NCIX.com - Buy Olympus Pen E-PL2 Digital Camera & Zoom Lens Kit 12MP 14-42MM Zoom Lens 3.0IN LCD SDHC Silver - Others - EPL2KSR - in Canada
  2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    It's also available at futureshop for $549 right now.
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Which is where I got mine. :) I got an even better deal because of my contacts there, but that's another story... lol.

You can't beat this deal! The E-PL1 was a steal for how little they charge (it had gone down to as low as $349 that I've seen, and is now back to $399), but it was compromised in a lot of ways. Not for somebody looking for the height of quality in a Compact System Camera. The E-PL2 on the other hand, is a totally uncompromising camera. Functionally it's every bit as good as the E-P2, in some ways even better, and it also retains a solid build and construction like the E-P1 and E-P2. But at that price, the only thing cheaper is the E-PL1! The cheapest Sony NEX is still $100 more, and they want $1000 just to upgrade the lens, lol.

I think Olympus is putting out some really good offerings to make unique, high quality cameras affordable to the general public.