1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EPL2 - Auto ISO and minimum shutter speed using IBIS

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hoany, Apr 15, 2011.

1. hoany

hoany New to Mu-43

Apr 15, 2011
    Hello,

I'm wondering what the method is the camera uses to choose the minimum shutter speed with IBIS on and Auto ISO on in P mode? I'm familiar with the Nikon system of being able to set the Max ISO and also the minimum shutter speed before the ISO increases.

I don't think the EPL2 has an option to set minimum shutter speed so what is its reasoning when bumping ISO in Auto? Does it use a 1:1 ratio (35mm equivalent) with IBIS off but only half or third of that when using IBIS? If using a zoom does it base it off the current focal length?

Thanks

Erik

2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I have the EP2, and I believe (if I remember correctly) that the camera uses the shutter speed of 1/35mm equivalent focal length.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.