EPL1 Rule of Thirds

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SNTP, Dec 7, 2011.

1. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    Hey guys, this is probably a stupid question but i've been through all the menus for what seems like a thousand times. I can't find out where to turn on rule of thirds for my camrea during live view. I'm not sure if it even exists, but it doesn't seem like something that wouldn't be a feature. I found something else that looks nothing like a weired tic tac toe symbol, but nothing close to the real rule of thirds. Any ideas?

Also a second question, i seem to have lost the display for the milimeters on my zoom lenses (45-200 Panny). Any ideas on this as well?
  2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    The grid option on the E-PL1 (and maybe someone can confirm with later Oly models?) is the Golden Mean or phi grid. Similar to the Rule of Thirds and more useful, IMHO.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I share your humble opinion.
  4. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    :2thumbs: The more you know.... :2thumbs:
    Wow I'd actually never heard of that before! I'm excited now to try it out! Thanks for the link too, it was very helpful in discussing how to use it for different situations as well as providing nice examples. Do the panasonic G/GH/GX series cameras have this feature as well? i've always been told to use rule of thirds before, and when i saw that grid on my epl1 i was like... "this doesn't seem quite like the rule of thirds..." Thanks for your help :)
  5. allan

allan Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2009