Epl1 Image stabilization easily disengages

Paul-T

New to Mu-43
I just got myself an epl1 and I couldn't be any happier because of its excellent color rendition, sharpness and small size. But I just noticed that after a few shots the IS icon turns red (this means the stabilizer is disengaged when the internal temp reaches its limit -Page 50 on the Epl1 manual)
Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm not sure if its normal or maybe because It's just so damn hot here in the Philippines nowadays 37 deg C ( pardon the language hehe). Every time I use it the icon turns red immediately even after just say 3 shots if the IS is on. I'd be glad to hear your input on this thanks

best
Paul T

PS. The unit is less than a month old

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Paul, yeah, my family back in Manila complains about the temps as well -- crazy hot.

During daytime, you might want to go with IS turned off if you have enough light and high shutter speeds. Say maybe if you're able to get 1/250 or more, also depending on the focal length you have on.

You might also want to have the unit checked, just to be sure.

Paul-T

New to Mu-43
Hi Noodlehaus,

Haha thats why I always bring my son to the mall:) I even tried the camera in an air-conditioned room and still same thing happens. I have a friend in Singapore(same climate) who has an Epl1 and keeps the Epl1 unit on all day without experiencing this problem. Maybe it needs to go in for servicing or replacement:) Thanks again bro.

Cheers,
Paul

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Is there a setting like on the Pen 1&2 to turn off the LCD?
I use the Fn button for that.
That reduces heat/power.

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
I gotta say it, if it's taking all of us to figure out how to kill that IS overheating problem of yours, Paul, then I think you really need to have that unit checked :D

Paul-T

New to Mu-43
I think it has that option of turning the LCD off but i haven't tried it because I don't have a VF-2 yet. I think I'll bring it in for servicing as soon as I can. This afternoon after turning on the camera and just 3 clicks of the shutter button the IS icon turned red immediately I think it shouldn't heat that fast.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Paul, please let us know what happens OK? I hope it can be fixed ASAP, but just incase someone else experiences this, it would be good to know the specifics of what the servicing are. It does sound very odd.

Hope you'll be coming back with some good news about a quick and easy fix - or a replacement camera.

Paul-T

New to Mu-43
Hi guys I just got my Epl1 back!:) So far so good I believe they replaced the Sensor/IS module. It works fine now for the time being.:) Thanks guys!

Latest threads

Top Bottom