1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EPL1 button set up

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by deckitout, Jan 8, 2011.

1. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Well I gave been trying out various options but the manual is none to clear

Is it possible to set the record button the focus, leaving the shutter button with exposure.

I have managed to set record button to replicate what the shutter button does, but I would like to use a back button focus set up

Is this possible

Any advice appreciated

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yes, its possible. I had an epl1 for several months last spring and that's how I had it setup. I don't recall the specifics, but its under the little menu that looks like a wrench IIRC, something about button setup or button assignment, and then you can assign the red video button to AFL/AEL - and then there's a mode selector somewhere so that its just AFL. Keep digging, its in there. I have my ep2 set up that way now and it was about the first thing I did to the epl1 because I kept inadvertently hitting the video button with my thumb and getting all of these little unwanted two second videos. And I like getting AF off of the shutter button anyway.

-Ray

3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Thanks Ray I'll check it out

Phil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.