EPL-7: Who Else is Shooting with this Camera?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by grcolts, Apr 24, 2015.

1. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Texas
    Gary
    Recently I purchased the Olympus EPL-7 to replace a Canon EOS-M I sold. I wanted a small versatile camera to take on my bicycling rides with me and after doing some research settled on the EPL-7. Still learning this camera but know I made a great decision as it is so much more responsive than the Canon. Plus, I love the real-time night viewing feature for shooting stars.
    So, if you are using an EPL-7 how are you using it? What subjects do you shoot that you feel the EPL-7 excels at?
    GR

Here is an image I shot of an old majestic live oak tree with the EPL-7...

P4200111.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    I shot my favorite photo of the year on an EPL7. I only had it on loan for a few weeks, do miss it.

15932450854_c39ecb0121_b.

• Like Like x 7
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Holy cow Mark Ryan, that's excellent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Even against your E-P5?

5. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm still wanting a PL7. The only reason I got the GM1 over the PL7 was a) I live in an area where I can't hold them before buying (GM1 kind of too small for me), b) I'm planning on buying a larger FF camera this year so thought smaller would be better, and c) I got my GM1 for $350. I might buy one still. Olympus menus much more comfortable than this GM1. Glad you're enjoying yours. Near perfect camera IMO!

6. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    It stands up well against the EP5, and is significantly smaller and lighter. Lighter mostly.

The EP5 is overall better, but both are a lot of fun to use.

7. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Texas
    Gary
    I can see why this is your favorite image! Outstanding for sure...now you just have to find an excuse to go out and buy your own EPL-7! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. leeland

leeland Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    Cornwall
    Lee
    I had the EPL-5 for 7 months but it developed a fault which is a bit of a long story but they replaced it with the EPL-7 which I am very happy the I.S. P4230049 copy. and shutter shock plus the LCD Screen. The only thing that bothers me is I think the colour in Jpeg is not the same, does anyone agree with this as I cannot compare them.

Attached Files:

9. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Texas
    Gary
    Sorry to hear about your EPL-5; since this is my first Olympus Pen I cannot say anything about the color differences between the two bodies. I can say that in low high contrast light I think the greens come out sort of funky when shooting in JPEGS. I really have not experimented in RAW with this camera yet, but will be doing that soon. I am anxious to see the differences between them. I have just been shooting JPEGS while getting to know the camera's controls, etc. but am now ready to see what it can really do...BTW, nice image!