EPL-7 or EPL-8? what is the differences?

kiwirobfinland

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
rob
Thanks for the replies
We are planing a trip to a camera shop so my wife can decide between a white or brown epl-7/8.
As i am apparently paying for it it will most likely be what ever cost the most.

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
The E-PL7 should be a much cheaper price and thus a better buy. If an E-PL5 were available for cheaper it would even be a better buy. However, to get wifi, the cameras you mention are required. There will be no discernable difference in image quality between any of them - despite the advertising hype and claims.

This summer I couldn't find the E-PL7 at the price I wanted to spend - but I found an EM-10 at Best Buy for $395 so chose it instead. A few features different here and there, but really nothing lost or gained in any choice when it comes to the final image produced. All the best in your choice. I wanted Wifi in one of my camera bodies, and actually use it all the time in my travel photography to get quick posts to my Social Media - so the EM-10 fit that bill.

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
PL7 is still a a great camera. I upgraded only because i needed a grip for bigger lenses for longer photoshoots.

If that's the case buy a used e-pm2 and get the same sensor as the pl and e-m5 (and mkii) for that better image quality. The PL7or8 does have more control points and the tilting screen.

Sensor yes. But 3 axis is (supposedly) much better than 2 axis IS. Add wifi, more control points, tilting screen. The biggest handling thing is IMO the dedicated wheel for exposure on top. Makes handling much easier.

kiwirobfinland

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
rob
Thaks to all who posted.
A white epl-7 is on its way with a new pancake zoom brand new from finland cheeper than second hand or buying the lens buy its self. I will post some shots and thoughts after it gets here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom