COMPLETED Epl-5 - with ISSUES - $250!!!!! (With 20mm for $500) | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by jhomer, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhomer

jhomer Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Jun 8, 2011
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Epl-5 - with ISSUES - $250!!!!! (With 20mm for $500)
    </br>Prices</br> Epl-5 - $250
    20mm -$250
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> This epl-5 looks good and works perfectly, takes beautiful pictures. 2 issues.... One big and one just to note......

1) The shutter button (and spring underneath) came off in my bag. One piece of the button assembly was found and able to be re-attached and with it, the camera works perfectly. I was not able to attach the spring and I was not able to find the top plastic piece of the button itself. The piece that is inserted works fine and I have been using it like this for a few weeks. The half press works and the full press works, and there is no issue taking pictures with the camera as it is.

2) As others have reported, the round dial on the back of the camera is, on occasion, annoyingly too sensitive. It is usually fine, but sometimes (for example when choosing an art filter) touching the dial registers as a series of taps rather than just one. I haven't really researched this and do not know much more than it is a problem many have noted and that it has not bothered me much at all.

Other than this, the camera has nothing to describe in terms of cosmetics or the quality of images it produces.

And while I am selling off my problem children.... The legendary 20mm pancake. Great glass, nice body that appears used but has no large dings or scratches or anything that would suggest the gentle care I have showed it. The lens is SHARP and works perfectly. The issue : A tiny bit of grindiness in the manual focus. I never use the manual focus (though I tested it, and it works just fine) but when rotated, it does not feel ideally smooth. It is not crunchy, just a tiny feel of friction.

EDIT : the body on the 20 actually looks great, barely used. And the lens has alwlays had a filter.

$250 each, or $485 for the greatest value in photography! (Oversell?)

Those prices include me eating the PayPal fee and shipping it to you by Priority mail fully insured!

I also have a perfect condition burgundy Gariz half case, but I need to check used prices for that.

Thanks!
    Joey
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS priority
    </br>Shipping charge</br> On me
    </br>Handling time</br> Faster than Anthony Weiner on snap chat
    </br>References</br> Jhomer101 on ebay, jhomer on fred
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    • Not open to offers below asking price (Price is firm)
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. csnite

csnite Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Feb 21, 2012
    Florida
    Any chance you could put some pictures up? I would like to see the shutter button specifically.

3. jhomer

jhomer Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Jun 8, 2011
    Happy to supply a closeup of the shutter button (or anything else. Just PM me your email address. Thanks.

4. demiian

demiian Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jun 14, 2012
    Not that I don't love a good deal, but you can probably have that fixed under warranty. I did have the "finicky wheel" problem on my E-PM2 and had that fixed under warranty. I'm not sure about the shutter release button, but seeing how that shouldn't have happened under normal use, I feel that it should be covered, too. If you have any desire to keep the camera, that is. :)

5. phoenixag

phoenixag Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 1, 2013
    London
    I think this is a very under reported issue with the E-PL5. On my E-PL5, the button came off on a trip as well. I couldn't be bothered dealing with warranty issues on a trip and wanted to take pictures immediately so I got some instant glue and glued it back together.

It looks brand new..or looked, till I upgraded cameras :) Now I have heard of the OMD mode dial coming off problem. I don't know why Olympus can't assemble things properly, never had an issue like this on any of my DSLRs :)

Anyway, sorry for the OT post. Good luck with your sale!

6. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.