1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EPL-5 vs EPL-7 IBIS

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Fred S, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Is there a noticeable improvement in the EPL-7 IBIS over the EPL-5
    I am shaky and my blur is hand held camera shake on the low shutter shots ( 80-200 ) at 25mm
    On a tripod or any camera support I never get any blur
    The IBIS is working on the EPL-5

thanks in advance

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    IBIS in the EPL7 should be significantly better than the EPL5, much closer to the IBIS in the EM5 / EP5 / EM1, and identical to the IBIS in the EM10.

3. prophet

prophet Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    I upgraded from the PL5 to the PL7: yes, IBIS is noticeably better.

4. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    3-Axis vs 5-axis, much more compensated with the 5-axis shift. The E-PL7 and E-M10 have 3-axis [yaw,pitch,roll] (The E-PL5 seems to have the traditional 2-axis yaw/pitch IS), and the E-M5/E-P5/E-M1 are 5-axis [yaw,pitch,roll,vertical shift, horizontal shift]

specs_3axis.

Olympus-IS-2-Axis-5-Axis.

I'm assuming the one on my older E-P3 is just the traditional 2-axis, which if is the case, then I can say using the IS between the E-P3 and the E-M5 there is quite a significant difference, and with the E-P3 with IS on there was still more of a chance of blur depending on the direction of the movement (in fact I had sharper pictures on the E-P3 when just turning off IS and relying on the monopod), but with my E-M5 I've found that I've rarely *needed* the mono pod so far, but I only played with the E-M5 for about 2 days now.

5. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Thank you for the reply's

MarkRyan, prophet and KBeezie