EPL-5 vs EPL-7 IBIS

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Fred S, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Is there a noticeable improvement in the EPL-7 IBIS over the EPL-5
    I am shaky and my blur is hand held camera shake on the low shutter shots ( 80-200 ) at 25mm
    On a tripod or any camera support I never get any blur
    The IBIS is working on the EPL-5

thanks in advance

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    IBIS in the EPL7 should be significantly better than the EPL5, much closer to the IBIS in the EM5 / EP5 / EM1, and identical to the IBIS in the EM10.

3. prophet

prophet Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    I upgraded from the PL5 to the PL7: yes, IBIS is noticeably better.

4. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    3-Axis vs 5-axis, much more compensated with the 5-axis shift. The E-PL7 and E-M10 have 3-axis [yaw,pitch,roll] (The E-PL5 seems to have the traditional 2-axis yaw/pitch IS), and the E-M5/E-P5/E-M1 are 5-axis [yaw,pitch,roll,vertical shift, horizontal shift]

specs_3axis.

Olympus-IS-2-Axis-5-Axis.

I'm assuming the one on my older E-P3 is just the traditional 2-axis, which if is the case, then I can say using the IS between the E-P3 and the E-M5 there is quite a significant difference, and with the E-P3 with IS on there was still more of a chance of blur depending on the direction of the movement (in fact I had sharper pictures on the E-P3 when just turning off IS and relying on the monopod), but with my E-M5 I've found that I've rarely *needed* the mono pod so far, but I only played with the E-M5 for about 2 days now.

5. Fred S

Fred S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2012
    Calgary
    Fred S
    Thank you for the reply's

MarkRyan, prophet and KBeezie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.