EPL-2 Trip to Dubai

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by charlie_croker, Oct 17, 2011.

1. charlie_croker

charlie_croker New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Just came on to introduce myself, I have spent a few days looking round the forum and it looks really friendly with lots of helpful advice.

I am no stranger to the Olympus M4/3 having purchased an E-PL1 earlier in the year, then getting a Samsung NX10 (it was on special and I couldn't resist), I sold on the E-PL1 and discovered that I preferred it to the NX10 so sold the NX10 and bought another E-PL1..... Are you still with me? Now it gets worse, with a trip to Dubai looming, I was looking for a good travel camera with zoom, so sold the 2nd E-PL1 and got a Fuji HS10, (Big mistake, slow isn't the word), that went and was swapped for a Fuji F550EXR, I have liked the little EXR's in the past but this one wasn't their best and after pixel peeping, missed my E-PL1 and then saw an E-PL2 on special offer and sold the F550EXR.

The E-PL2 has been all that I sought and more, I love the looks, the size, the image quality and the filters.

Anyway, I guess you must be getting bored so here is my question:

Last year in Dubai I took an F80EXR and an LX5, the photos I took in the desert were OK (F80) but not as good as I hoped, though the 10x zoom was handy.

This year I am only taking the E-PL2 and trying to decide what lenses to take.

14MM f2.5 Panny
    14-42 Olympus MSC Kit lens
    50mm Canon DF
    70-210mm Canon DF

I suspect that the 14mm Panasonic and the 14-42 will suffice but would appreciate any advice.

I will mainly be shooting group shots, landscapes and anything else interesting.

Thanks for any help

2. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I think a zoom would be handy. Something like the 40-150. In my trips I always have a zoom with me because the only time I left it home I am still **&&%%% for the shots I would have wanted to make and couldn't.:mad: