1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EPL-2 Trip to Dubai

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by charlie_croker, Oct 17, 2011.

1. charlie_croker

charlie_croker New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2011
    Hello everyone,

Just came on to introduce myself, I have spent a few days looking round the forum and it looks really friendly with lots of helpful advice.

I am no stranger to the Olympus M4/3 having purchased an E-PL1 earlier in the year, then getting a Samsung NX10 (it was on special and I couldn't resist), I sold on the E-PL1 and discovered that I preferred it to the NX10 so sold the NX10 and bought another E-PL1..... Are you still with me? Now it gets worse, with a trip to Dubai looming, I was looking for a good travel camera with zoom, so sold the 2nd E-PL1 and got a Fuji HS10, (Big mistake, slow isn't the word), that went and was swapped for a Fuji F550EXR, I have liked the little EXR's in the past but this one wasn't their best and after pixel peeping, missed my E-PL1 and then saw an E-PL2 on special offer and sold the F550EXR.

The E-PL2 has been all that I sought and more, I love the looks, the size, the image quality and the filters.

Anyway, I guess you must be getting bored so here is my question:

Last year in Dubai I took an F80EXR and an LX5, the photos I took in the desert were OK (F80) but not as good as I hoped, though the 10x zoom was handy.

This year I am only taking the E-PL2 and trying to decide what lenses to take.

14MM f2.5 Panny
    14-42 Olympus MSC Kit lens
    50mm Canon DF
    70-210mm Canon DF

I suspect that the 14mm Panasonic and the 14-42 will suffice but would appreciate any advice.

I will mainly be shooting group shots, landscapes and anything else interesting.

Thanks for any help

2. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I think a zoom would be handy. Something like the 40-150. In my trips I always have a zoom with me because the only time I left it home I am still **&&%%% for the shots I would have wanted to make and couldn't.:mad: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.