EPL-1 Adapted Macro Lense

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Yojimbo, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2014
    Hi there,
    Just getting around to buying my first new lenses for an EPL-1 which i inherited. One of the things that i've always loved doing is taking photos of plants, flowers insects, small stuff basically.

I really like the idea of getting some vintage lenses and giving them a new home. As such are there any vintage macro lenses which anyone can recommend for use with an EPL-1?

2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    You should be able to get good results with any true macro lens.
    Just don't expect a zoom with macro on it to be a macro lens, almost without exception zooms use macro to mean fairly close focusing rather than gives even half life size images.
    I've never met a true macro that doesn't produce excellent images (even my £1 boot sale one after it was cleaned up) and one of the beauties of µ4/3 is you can adapt just about any lens to it.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2014
    Ok. Can you suggest any sub £100 ones which you think would fit the bill? I don't want to have to get so close to the subject that I scare it away though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.