EP5 wait list.... Patiently waiting

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Jun 9, 2013.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Just thought I'd start the thread for the EP5 wait list. Have pre-orders from a couple of places already. I'm just hoping it shows up soon. Would love to have it for my upcoming cruise in the 2nd week of July. Cheers!!!

Anybody hear anything about delivery dates yet aside from the June 28th time from Amazon?

2. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    That's all I'm hearing. I'm on the list too. I just hope it's no longer than that. :drinks:

3. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    VF 4 seems to be now available at B & H photo. Maybe the EP5 is not that far away....

4. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    Here in the UK the Olympus rep told me they will have stock on 25th June...Roll on one silver e-p5, 17mm and vf4...

5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Checked with B+H today and they still estimate arrival June 27th, but this is for the kit not individual items. Still waiting.

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    My previous experiences have shown that when you order direct from Olympus, you usually get your product quickest :hiding:

7. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    I picked one of their preferred retailers where they held the Pen E-P5 roadshow...But hey ho, it is academic until I get mine :)

8. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Well it looks like the ship date for the EP5 is indeed the 28th... According to 43rumors.com

9. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    The kit, according to Amazon will be available on the 21st where the body only won't be available until the 28th. I wonder how accurate this is?

10. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    if I can get the kit sooner then I would bite the bullet... but there doesn't seem to be any info on either....

11. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    Are you seriously suggesting that one week difference in June will influence your buying decision away from something that you really want?

12. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I'd actually love to get the kit with the vf4 and the 17mm lens.. I would probably sell the 17mm lens right off the bat which in turn will almost be like buying the body only plus the vf4 separately, at least price wise... I'll be taking off for a 10 day cruise and would really like to have the camera before then to learn its quirks and get whatever extras I need, i.e. extra batteries, lens hood, etc.

13. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    But B&H and Adorama (where I have my preorder) still list the bodies and kits as the same day, so who knows.
    (BTW - Olympus America now lists the shipping as July. Maybe they know something that the other sites don't? I hope not!!!)

14. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    It might be as simple as that they know they sold their initial allocation through preorders?

15. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    I hope that is the case. But who knows.
    Funny thing - yesterday there was an update for the Olympus Share iPhone app - to make it compatible with the EP5 - so perhaps the release is closer than we think. Keeping fingers and toes crossed!!!

16. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    Jean-Paul
    Another funny thing...In the UK for the pre-order you get from the Olympus retailer I ordered from an Olympus Backpack which I wouldn't have ordered myself but hey if it is 'free' I wont say no...Then there is a European promotion which provides a personalised neck strap, although I understand that is limited so likely only for the first pre-orders...But now they also give away a free 17mm f2.8 lens with every pen...Shame as I have the 17mm f1.8 in my pre-order, would have been nicer if they gave away the 45mm f1.8 :) But hey ho, I wont say no again...

17. zaloglu68

zaloglu68 New to Mu-43

Jun 16, 2013
    Turkey
    İ heard it has iso 100. İts native or it decreased by software from iso 200? Have you got a news about this ?

18. Stanacious

Stanacious New to Mu-43

Jun 18, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Stan
    I read that it's not real ISO100, so I supposed decreased by software.

19. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I've preordered at B&H but got an email about the camera being back ordered. Should I try Amazon?