1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP5 & Sigma 30mm

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Jun 1, 2014.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Recently I've added the Pany 14mm and now the Sigma 30mm to my EP5 kit. I really wasn't even thinking about the Sigma 30mm, but seeing one on the B&S forum for $100 (Old Version) I was willing to test it out. The 14/30/kit/40-150mm turns out to be a nice set of lenses. Hope to add the 7.5 & siggy 60 (or perhaps the rumored 90). But the 30 is incredibly sharp. The start up lag on my EP5 is less than a second, so it is acceptable. Here are two images at 5.6 (I did a 2.8, and within its DOF as sharp as at 5.6). One is full frame the other is a 100% crop - look at the detail on the bug, Not a macro lens but lots and lots of resolution, and even at the new price a lens that should be given consideration if you are on a budget.

#1 - full frame
    [​IMG]

#2 - Crop
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    that's cheap and very capable!!

3. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    I have a similar setup as yours. P14/Sigma30/Sigma60 on my EPL6. I have to say, these Sigma lenses are incredible.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.