EP5 & Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 2r

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yesterday I spent about 3 hours imaging video with my EP5 and a Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 2 ring. I've included a sample from a 1080P video at full resolution. I used a tripod/video head rated at 18 pounds and this setup probably weighs 5 pounds. This image was taken using the DTC (the lens has an aperture ring so I can control ISO, Shutter Speed, and F stop and is a single frame from a video. The lens zooms and focus very smoothly. So basically this image is an 800mm FOV at about 70'. I have three lenses that I'd never sell even if I got ride of my Nikon bodies, the Tamron 90, the 80-200, and my 300 afs f4 - I love shooting m43 video with them. Since 43rumors is keeping the 4K dream alive (I think if the OMD 5 II gets it, the OMD E1 will get it (they've proven it can be done with just a software update). With these three lenses and my m43 lens I would be in video heaven. The wind yesterday was about 20 MPH and toward the end I actually turned on IBIS even on the tripod. This image was shot with it off. I think the camera/lens is great combination for video.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom