EP5 & Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 2r

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Nov 11, 2014.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Yesterday I spent about 3 hours imaging video with my EP5 and a Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 2 ring. I've included a sample from a 1080P video at full resolution. I used a tripod/video head rated at 18 pounds and this setup probably weighs 5 pounds. This image was taken using the DTC (the lens has an aperture ring so I can control ISO, Shutter Speed, and F stop and is a single frame from a video. The lens zooms and focus very smoothly. So basically this image is an 800mm FOV at about 70'. I have three lenses that I'd never sell even if I got ride of my Nikon bodies, the Tamron 90, the 80-200, and my 300 afs f4 - I love shooting m43 video with them. Since 43rumors is keeping the 4K dream alive (I think if the OMD 5 II gets it, the OMD E1 will get it (they've proven it can be done with just a software update). With these three lenses and my m43 lens I would be in video heaven. The wind yesterday was about 20 MPH and toward the end I actually turned on IBIS even on the tripod. This image was shot with it off. I think the camera/lens is great combination for video.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.