1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EP5 flash vs EP3 flash

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LDraper, Nov 29, 2013.

1. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I was originally going to pose this as a question, but as I looked at the settings on the camera, I figured out the mystery. I thought I'd go ahead and post this in case anyone else has been puzzled, or missed the feature.

I always enjoyed on the EP3 that the built in flash could be set to fire from full to 1/64th power. Until just now it seemed that the EP5 flash only had full, fill, 2nd curtain, red eye and off options. I just saw as I was about to post my question that when you choose the 'full' option in the menu, if you push the info button, you can then set the flash to fire at partial power down to 1/64th. I'm glad to see this, as it makes the built in flash a lot more useful!

Maybe this is no secret to anybody else, but it wasn't obvious to me, so I thought I would pass along the insight in case it's useful.

2. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Ah, the mysteries of Olympus menus! I found Panasonic menus even more befuddling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Braza

Braza Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks for pointing me to that article - it's useful to have a head to head comparison of the EM5 and the EP5. I like the blog in general too. I've only seen it once before, and it seems like a good resource.