1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EP5 and VF4 for $399 at Roberts

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drd1135, Nov 3, 2015.

1. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Amazing price - and sold out!

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Did anybody get one?

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I ordered one last week! Great price too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm almost tempted to get another one! The nice thing about the E-P5 in silver is the metal is brushed and not painted on like OM-D silver bodies.

6. killjed1987

killjed1987 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Bay City Laguna
    Jed
    Amazing price! I wish this is available from my country. (I'm from the Philippines, btw).

7. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Roberts is a B+M store. You could always try calling the store and see if they have more available at that price. I realize that in the internet age, calling and talking to another human being is a foreign concept, but try it. Just because they don't have any more listed on ebay doesn't necessarily mean they are out of stock.

Once, due to a web error, I placed an order for a refurb Olympus lens, and the order got canceled because they ran out of stock. I called Olympus, explained what happened, and they added me to a waiting list. A few weeks later, they received more refurbs and they automatically shipped the lens to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starfleet

Starfleet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Alex
    Anybody has that camera already? How do you like its grip? How comfortable is it with the heavier PRO lenses?

9. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Honestly I find the E-P5 works best with small primes. They sell an external grip with an arca bracket, but it makes the camera more bulky than necessary.

10. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Can't comment on the zooms, but for primes (any prime, even the heavier ones), not a problem at all.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  11. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got one! Silver and black. Delivered yesterday{I opted for USPS Priority over UPS for faster ship}.

My only complaints are the grip, too small and oddly shaped and the greater weight over all the other PENs. I would say the grip is hard to use with a long and heavy lens. I wish they had used the same interchangable grips from the E-P3. I still have the MCG-2 grip{large one} from my E-P3 and I am looking at how to adapt it. I will add that the rear thumb grip is great on the E-P5 however, much better than any other PEN I have owned.

The box I got showed the 17mm lens so they must have taken it out and sold it separately. I don't mind as I am not interested in that lens. Roberts had the full E-P5, 17mm, and VF4 kit listed at $700 but few sold over the week I watched it. I considered getting that and then selling the 17mm if it didn't impress me. However, when they offered this deal I jumped on it.

12. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    It's a great camera and I'm tempted. I had one for a while and really enjoyed it.

13. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  14. mw6sense

mw6sense Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    patrick cheung
    Is the camera in new condition? Did you check the shutter count? I am still debating whether to get this or the refurbished E-PL7...

15. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    Okay Roberts, you have my attention. This is really making me consider jumping back into the M43 mount, along with the fact that lens prices seem to have come down from a few years ago when I last owned this camera mount. Oh, what to do...