1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EP3 Problems

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LDraper, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Can anyone explain this? I get a light band across the lower third of the frame. My shots are frequently overexposed too (compared to what the histogram shows). I bought the camera used (on this forum) and I'm wondering what to do?

P7190113-640.

P7260382-640.

P7260374-640.

Thanks for any help!

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Dumb question -- but is there filter on the front of the lens?

Also, have you looked through the lens, and made sure it's not a lens issue? Look through the glass at a white sheet of paper, to make sure the lens doesn't have an issue.

If neither of the above, then I've got to say that looks really defective to me.

3. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks. But no filter, and it does it with two different lenses. It seemed to be intermittent for a while, but right now it seems to be pretty consistent. :frown:

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'd say toast, sad to say. I cannot think of any other reason. It's either a sensor or a shutter issue. I can't think of any other issue that would create such a hard break. Given that it looks to be in a different location in pics 2 and 3, I'm going with shutter issue.

5. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I'm with WT21, it looks like a shutter issue to me unfortunately. It may be repairable by Olympus, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.

6. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Did it do this when you received it or has this just started happening?

7. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    The first photo was taken on my second day with the camera. I hadn't thought about a shutter issue, but it does look somewhat like what happens with an un-synced flash.

The guy I bought it from is looking into warranty options . . . So I'm hoping it can be fixed without a lot of hassle . . . .

Thanks for the responses.