1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EP3 Level gauge

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LEOR, Nov 21, 2011.

1. LEOR

LEOR Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2010
    Pickering, Ont Canada
    As a new EP3 owner I am very pleased with my purchase decision. I am having a problem however, in setting up the Level gauge. I set in on in the Custom D menu under LV info as wll as the display grid and histogram.
    However the level gauge does not display when I click the info button but the histogram and display grid do but not at the same time.

I can live without the level gauge and do straightening in PP but I would like to try and get the images level during the shoot.
    Can any one help me with this?

Leo Reinhard

2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Unfortunately the way Olympus implemented all those view modes is pretty bonkers. They're all exclusive. You have to toggle through each mode by clicking on the Info button repeatedly.

For example let's say you enabled Histogram and Level view.

Normal view -> (info button) -> Histogram view -> (info button) -> Level view -> (info button) -> loops around again, etc

3. LEOR

LEOR Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2010
    Pickering, Ont Canada
    Boy do I feel dumb

I was getting the level gauge but I thought it looked like the EV compensation display because I was not holding the camera level. Nice camera even if it is smarter than me. :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You can turn off as many other Info mode options as you want though, so that only the Level Gauge shows up if that's what you use mostly.

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Lol glad you fixed your problem Leo.

Enjoy the camera!

6. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    What annoys me more is that you cannot display the level gauge (or any of the other info options) whilst in touch screen focus mode - you have to press the OK button to cancel out of this and then the info button becomes active. It's the only annoying think I've found on the camera so far. At least you can exit straight from info to touch screen focus simply by, er, touching the screen! :smile: