EP3 First Impressions

Mu-43 Legend
There are two different "touch screen" modes -- the first is touch-to-shoot. From what I've seen, Ray is right. You touch the left side, and it focuses there, but if you next use the shutter button, it goes back to your "set" focus mode (center if you were shooting center, but if you had manually, for instance, set the focus point to the lower left, it will return to the lower left). So, touch to shoot only does one shot on the focus point you touched, then it resets.

Touch-to-Focus (the second touch option) allows you to use the touch screen to set the focus point. Once you do that, the focus point stays, and you then use the shutter release button as often as you like until you toggle off "touch to focus"

It's actually all very easy and intuitive, though perhaps cumbersome to explain.

Real Name
Nic
Thanks Ray, wt21,

That was the answer that I was hoping to hear i.e. I wouldn't want to be using random focus points with the touchscreen and then NOT be able to automatically return to the preset focus point/mode when switching to the old fashioned method of taking photos with the shutter button, lol.

Latest threads

Top Bottom