Ep3 CAF test

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Jul 9, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Check Pekka's blog for more EP3 tests. PEKKA POTKA

Look to the right, and see a CAF test. You might guess, it's not great, but appears to be better than the EP2, but read to the bottom, and see some pretty exciting conculsions about low light focusing and composing. Basically, he ISA saying that the LCD is much cleaner in low light than the EP2, and that he can see what he is framing, when he couldn't with a DLSR.

Just dying to get my hands on the new EP3.

Also see his review of the 12mm lens, but note some negative comments he makes about jpgs, for you jog shooters :( Maybe Oly will correct in the final release??
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Very interesting. A very practical approach - he's doing a wonderful job of finding practical ways to show how the equipment performs in everyday situations.

The moving/young child test of AF is a pretty common question/measure. Though no examples, his view is stated clearly: "Playing children are now easy, mostly. Sports from audience or at the side of track is easy, mostly. Aeroplanes are easy, mostly. Cars are easy, mostly."

Thanks for the link!
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I agree some samples would be nice, but like you I appreciate his practical approach -- knowing what many people are looking for.
  4. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    I would say tracking that collie is a lot harder than tracking a child. Hopefully he will add but in my opinion the statement proves the e-p3 is capable for kids. Also note he doesn't say "mostly" for dogs but he does for children.