EP2. The first few days.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dunkeld, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    After having owned an EP2 for 4 or 5 days, I have to say that the feel of the camera is the most pleasing aspect. Using manual mode is more fiddly than I am used to, however, I'm also finding that IAuto is pretty damn good, so the need for M mode might not arise so much.

First impressions are that the EP2 was a wise investment. I think my Canon 30D, and the multitude of accessories that go with it is close to retirement.

Whether or not the EP2 will outperform my Canon G9 and G 10 remains to be seen. However initial reactions are that the EP2 is a bit special.

• Like Like x 2
  2. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Congratulations on your E-P2, Drunkeld :) I'm pretty sure you'll really enjoy using it just like everyone else (myself included) in this community.

I've been doing a lot of iAuto shooting myself as well, and it does take out the stress of having to think of the settings before shooting.

Is the photo taken in Singapore, btw?

• Like Like x 2
  3. edb

edb Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    If your E-P2 doesn't out perform your G9 and G10 then there is a real problem.

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    True enuff. I still have a G9 but sold the G10. They are truly wonderful cameras but do not come close to the m4/3 cameras.

5. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    Location.

Noodlehaus. I'm British, living in Fuzhou. Fujian province. PRC.

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Don't forget there are modes other than either iAuto or M. If you want more control than iAuto allows but don't want to fiddle with the camera on each shot, A (aperture priority) is a really useful mode. You decide on the aperture and it will adjust the shutter speed and ISO (if the ISO is set to auto) for you. Or S if you want to set the shutter speed and let it pick the aperture. You may know this, but thought I'd mention if it was new to you.

-Ray

7. Lash

Lash New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Quality and sensor size

I did some research on the sensor size of cameras. A number that provides easy comparison between models is the length of the diagonal.

Four Thirds: 21.6mm
    G9 or G10: 9.5mm

These numbers are why I moved from my G10 to an E-P2.

Best wishes, ....... Lash LaRue.