1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP2 + Pana 20mm + Grainy B&W Art Filter

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Swandy, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Since I got the E30, the Grainy B&W has been my favorite filter.

And I really like the combination of the EP2 and the 20mm. Great for indoors/nighttime and low-light in general.

Taken at a Coliccho & Sons Restaurant (formerly Craft Steak) in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan.

Thanks for looking,
    Steve

20100306172210.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
  3. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Not a big fan of film grain but that works really well. Excellent image!

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Steve,

thanks for sharing - the B&W Grainy Art Filter is one of my favourites... you chose it well for this scene.

Cheers

Brian

5. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Street (again), Andy and Brian.
    I probably have used this filter as much as all the others combined and it's probably because I always liked working in B&W back in my film days (remember film) and this filter works great. (And saves a lot of time in post processing as well!!!)
    I sat comparing this version to the original RAW and the filtered version just added something that the original did not.
    Took three shots - one just the "wine cellar", one just the dining room and this one. And yes the division might be too centered for some tastes (remember "Rule of Thirds"???), I like the way it turned out.
    Steve

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.