Ep2 on/off switch problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by msg, Aug 8, 2010.

1. msg

msg New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone has any problem with their on/off switch on their ep2.

I couldn't turn off my ep2, I sent it back to Olympus, have it fix. After my first use, I couldn't turn off again.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or did I just got a lemon?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I've never even heard of this problem.
    Did they send you a new camera?
  3. msg

msg New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2010
    No they didn't, they replaced it for me, it work when I tested it out for the first couple days but when I try it today, it has the same problem again.

They have this on their repair form

We at Olympus would also like to extend an additional option to you. If you feel that repairing your item is not an option you would like to pursue, we currently offer our Repair Exchange Program. The Repair Exchange program allows you to exchange your camera or voice recorder, currently in for repair, for another NEW or RECONDITIONED camera or voice recorder at a discounted cost along with a TWO year extended warranty cameras only.

but why should I pay extra? it's an default item
  4. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    if you bought it brand new with a guarantee that covers Canada, there seems no reason for them to go down this route with you ... I don't know consumer law in your part of the world, but in the UK it would be the responsibility of the retailer to sort it out and replace or repair it as they sold goods "not fit for purpose"