1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

EP2 EVF or LCD viewer?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Richard W, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Hi All,

Generally I shoot on my EP2 using the EVF.

However, recently I have seen light shading lcd viewers such as Silvestri Digibellow and Photosolve Xtendaview on the internet.

Does anyone have any views or experience with these accessories? Does the quality of a light shaded LCD match the EVF? Should I just stick with the EVF?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Richard I prefer the EVF to the LCD. A hood as well as shading means you bring the camera to your eye which is a more stable way to hold. I suspect the resolution of the EVF may be better than the LCD (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

I used a hood with my Oly C-5050 which also magnified the view. This was a mixed blessing as individual pixels could be seen. This is probably less of a problem with the newer LCDs. The hood also makes the camera more difficult to put in and out of a bag.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.