EP2 15 second exposure

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by deckitout, Apr 27, 2010.

1. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Taken with EP2 and 4/3 9/18 lens

This was a 15 second exposure with a 10 stop ND, I tweaked the white balance to as the long exposure played havoc with the auto setting

Happs.

• Like Like x 4
  2. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

thanks for sharing - its a beautiful photo and I love the composition - simple but brilliant

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Very interesting... did you apply a graduated adjustment to the sky, to get the deep blue at the top?

Thanks for sharing, cool shot!

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavidB

DavidB Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Two questions:

Why have you tilted the horizon to the left?
    During post, were you aware of the white object near the skyline on the right? If you tone that down it's less intrusive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Brian
    Thanks for the comment
    I added a grad adjustment in Lightroom, and apart from a WB adjustment that was it for PP.

Phil

6. richie15

richie15 Guest

Phil

Cracking shot, if you are ever there again the only observation I would make is that the skyline is exactly the same level as the horizontal beams which is a bit off putting.

7. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Thanks for the comments

Ref the horizon, I hadn't picked up on that to be honest

Ref the House, I had one version with it cropped out, but preffered this one

8. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Lovely shot. Personally I feel the horizontal beams, being far from the edge of frame, don't seem distracting at all. I also didn't feel my eye being pulled towards the white object mentioned above, even after it was pointed out... so it's not too distracting in my opinion.

Beautiful image, thanks for posting.

-Gary

• Like Like x 1
  9. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Thanks

First thing I noticed when I got home lol, always the way

10. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Well, it's nothing that couldn't be fixed up in Photoshop fairly quickly.

It doesn't bother me, but if it did I'd probably cut the wood to a fresh layer, then on the old layer stretch the sky across the top wood (no need to clone the sea across the low wood) ... finally skew the left edge of the wood layer up very slightly and use a large fuzzy eraser to blend the lower edge of the skewed posts into the original posts.

To be honest though, I personally wouldn't feel the need... It may make a technically better image but it isn't detracting much from the feel of the scene as far as I am concerned.

-Gary