1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EP1 slow down?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by chefkenny, Mar 30, 2010.

1. chefkenny

chefkenny Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2010
    Florida
    Hey

Just found out my EP1 runs very slow today in A or M mode. But in iAuto it still fast. Any idea? I used different SD card and same result. Here is how the EP1 act: The shuttle slow down and took like 2-3 sec. to write to the card and show up on the screen.

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It sounds like you have either an art filter on or...
    Raw and jpeg on....
    What say you?

3. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    I have an ep1, I just tested on mine and mine seems consistent. At Large Super Fine, it takes about half a second between when I press the shutter and when the display of the image shows up. It takes about 4 seconds in total for the LED to stop blinking and the image stats to show up. This is with a class 2 or slower card.

Check your bracketing and other similar settings. As an example if you have ISO bracketing on, you won't hear 3 shutter releases but it will take 3 times longer to save as it saves 3 pictures. In IAuto mode, I don't believe bracketing is in effect (it's not on mine) so it would appear to run quicker - but it's only saving 1 picture.

4. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    The format (raw+jpeg, or size of jpeg) is set across different formats (or at least on mine it is) so if it were set to raw+jpeg on M, it would have also been raw+jpg on IAUTO, so it would have taken the same amount of time.

As for art filter... are you sure you can turn that on on M / IAUTO mode? (I never use the art filters, tried it for the first time today...) I have an e-p1 and I think to activate the art filters it's in "art" mode and I can't do M with art filters... though I maybe wrong since I really don't use the art filters...

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    with the class 6 and class 4 cards i use i cant duplicate your slowdown , hope it gets resolved.........cheersd

6. chefkenny

chefkenny Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks everybody for the reply, I have been using class 6 and 10 on the EP1. Still can't figure it out so I just reset it and now everything works fine again.