EP1 slow down?

chefkenny

Mu-43 Regular
Hey

Just found out my EP1 runs very slow today in A or M mode. But in iAuto it still fast. Any idea? I used different SD card and same result. Here is how the EP1 act: The shuttle slow down and took like 2-3 sec. to write to the card and show up on the screen.

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
I have an ep1, I just tested on mine and mine seems consistent. At Large Super Fine, it takes about half a second between when I press the shutter and when the display of the image shows up. It takes about 4 seconds in total for the LED to stop blinking and the image stats to show up. This is with a class 2 or slower card.

Check your bracketing and other similar settings. As an example if you have ISO bracketing on, you won't hear 3 shutter releases but it will take 3 times longer to save as it saves 3 pictures. In IAuto mode, I don't believe bracketing is in effect (it's not on mine) so it would appear to run quicker - but it's only saving 1 picture.

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
It sounds like you have either an art filter on or...
Raw and jpeg on....
What say you?
The format (raw+jpeg, or size of jpeg) is set across different formats (or at least on mine it is) so if it were set to raw+jpeg on M, it would have also been raw+jpg on IAUTO, so it would have taken the same amount of time.

As for art filter... are you sure you can turn that on on M / IAUTO mode? (I never use the art filters, tried it for the first time today...) I have an e-p1 and I think to activate the art filters it's in "art" mode and I can't do M with art filters... though I maybe wrong since I really don't use the art filters...

chefkenny

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks everybody for the reply, I have been using class 6 and 10 on the EP1. Still can't figure it out so I just reset it and now everything works fine again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom