1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EP-5 wifi file transfer to IPOD?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nuclearboy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Has anybody transferred files from the EP-5 to an IPOD. It does not seem to work for me and I don't want to keep hitting my head on the wall if it is impossible to do.

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    I've done it to my iPhone a lot. Which generation iPod Touch do you have? At what point is it not working?

3. nuclearboy

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Thanks for the note. I should have added some detail. My initial goal is just to see if it is possible.

I am using an IPOD touch 4th generation running IOS 6.1.3. This is the latest software apple has for it.

When I hit wifi on the E-P5, it tells me it has to configure the software in a one time only process. OK

Next is says to install the Olympus Image Share software on the device. It installed OK..

Next is says, connecting to your smartphone, read the QR code by OIS software. OK

I hit easy setup on the app on the IPOD and scan the code...

The ipod says "The connection settings... have been scanned, gives ssid, password.

Then IPOD has an install profile button.
    I hit install button on IPOD

it asks for ipod password OK

screen on IPOD says "profile installed" I hit done...OK

The back to IOshare link does not work. I close out and go back to IOShare and it tells me it has to configure the software in a one time only process.

The whole cycle starts again.

4. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    I would image the 4th gen iPod should work, it's pretty modern.

The only thing I see missing from your steps is connecting to the EP5's Wi-Fi.

• Make sure your EP5's Wi-Fi is turned on
    • Go to your iPod Touch's settings, click on "Wi-Fi"
    • Under "Choose a Network..." you should see one entry that is your EP5 -- the name will be "EP5xxxxxx" where the xxx is just a bunch of numbers and letters.
    • Select the EP5 network and wait for it to connect. If you were previously connected to another Wi-Fi network, you'll see the Wi-Fi icon in your status bar reset
    • When the iPod is connected, go to the Olympus app and you should be good to go

5. nuclearboy

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Chris
    Bless You.

I am connected. I had assumed they would both use my router. I did not realize that the E-P5 was hosting the connection like that. I just took a remote control photo from the IPOD. Next I imported a photo from the camera.

Thanks Again,
    Chris

6. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Don't feel bad. It drove a lot of people (myself included) when we tried to connect to other iDevices.